10/12/08

[Life Post] Happy #18

[This image is copyrighted to Akia Tomiyo... because she took the picture.]
Come tommorrow (10/13/2008), I'll be 18 years old... I really don't feel like it's time for me to even be that old! It seems like I just turned 17 a few months ago. When they say being in high school is fast, they are understating that fact. Oh well, I'll be 'legal' tommorrow! Um... though things probably won't change untill the summer. Being a senior is nice. I don't have to worry about standardized tests and I have the SAT early on so I don't have to worry about it. All I'll really have to take care of are scholorships, financial aid, applications and getting a job. Ok, that is a lot of stuff to do. Now on to what I bought with my b-day money today because I'm celebrating my b-day today instead of tommorrow since I have school tommorrow.

[This image is copyrighted to FUNimation entertainment (US and UK) and Madman Entertainment]

The first store I went to was Target. My great aunt always gives me a gift card for Target on any holiday and on my birthday. I ended up buying a 'Tamagatchi Connection' giga-pet. If you don't know what a giga-pet is and you were born before 1995.... go look it up. I then went to Best Buy to buy some anime. At first, I was going to buy the first part (which containes the first 8 episodes) of Toward the Terra... then I remembered I had previously seen those 8 episodes thusly deciding to wait untill the was a complete collection or season one collection released. Instead I bought the complete collection for Solty Rei. I wanted this anime for a while now, so seeing a complete collection compelled me to buy it! I recently read a few reviews on it where people said the begining was cliche-ish but the end was amazing. So, I'm really looking forward to watching this anime. Review to be posted once watched =D

As far as manga and other stuff is conserned, my collection grows significantly during my birthday month and in December. I'm not complaining... I'm very close to having no room left on my bookshelfs! Actually, I already have no room when I put my books in normally... *sigh* I'll show you a video soon (maybe I'll make it this weekend) of my room so you can see what I mean by that! for now, you'll just have to make do with knowing the fact that I am pretty much out of normal room. Ha ha =D

The store I went to (Barnes and Nobles) was having a buy 2 get 1 free for a pretty good selection of books. To my surprize, Dorothy of Oz had volumes 1 and 2 in that pile, I picked them and Wild Ones volume 1. I was going to get Magical JxR but... I couldn't find volume two which made me sad somehow. I decided to get Dragon Drive volume 9, Fall in Love Like a Comic volume 2 and Kitchen Princess volume 5 along with the new issue of Yen+ that was released on newstands this month. In the end, I was happy with my choice of manga because most of them were ones I've been waiting to get.

The other stuff I purchased were 2 bottles of Ramune, a pack of strawberry Hi-chew, some Tic-Tacs, a Tomagatchi Conection family edition and a can of that candy from Grave of the Fireflies <3

Credits and Disclaimer(s): All opinions expressed here are that of their individual owners and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Goggle Blogger nor that of their partners. I claim no ownership to any images used in my blogs unless stated otherwise, nor do I claim all these opinions as my own; just the ones that have Akia and/or Akia Tomiyo beside them (unless I'm the only one reviewing because then all the opinions are mine unless stated otherwise).

No comments: