12/23/09

[Anime of the Week] Bubblegum Crisis (12/20-26/09)

I know I was using Battle Flag of the Stars as the AOTW for 3 weeks, but I decided to cut it short since the series was extremely boring. I do plan on finishing it, but I'm taking off of the AOTW list now instead of waiting for another week and a half to pass by.

Why this anime as AOTW?: From now on I'm going to be posting why I'm picking a series! I've decided to pick Bubblegum Crisis mainly because it is the OAV I'm currently watching thanks to my friend who gave me a remastered version of the series.


# of Episodes: 8
Runtime: depends on the episode!
Rating: M [ann]
Synopsis:
In the near future, Tokyo was left flattened as a result from a great earthquake. A new city, MegaTokyo, was then recreated due in no small part from the aid of a multi-million dollar company, Genom Corp. Genom created and mass-produced biomechanical creatures called Boomers to aid in the restoration of MegaTokyo. When the Boomers began to run out of control, the ADPolice at first tried to stop them, but they proved to be far more difficult to deal with than was first imagined. Under the ever looming Boomer threat, a group of four girls from varying degrees of society banded together. Calling themselves The Knight Sabers, they were the only ones with enough firepower and resourcefullness to defend the fledgling MegaTokyo from Genom and it's berserk Boomers. [ann]

No comments: