12/26/09

[Anime of the Week][Why'd I Bother #1] School Days (12/27/09-1/2/10)

Here's something different! I usually post about an anime I'd want someone to watch, but this time I'm posting an anime that I'm not sure why someone would watch it. Apparently I'm one of the few people who did not like this anime!! What's up with that!?

Why this anime as AOTW?: For starters, I usually LOVE ergo/visual novel game based anime, but in the case of School Days I almost had to force myself to watch it. As I post this, I've finished the first 9 episodes T__T and boy am I not happy with this series. I've already seen this last two episodes, but this is my first time watching the entire series. It starts out as a fairly normal ergo based anime but around episode 4/5 it starts getting all weird >.>

# of Episodes: 12
Runtime: 25min/ep
Rating: 18+ (especially episode 12) [akia tomiyo]
Synopsis:
A shy and unconfident teenager has become very accepting at only stealing glances at a cute girl as they ride the same trolley each morning on their way to their high school. At least until Saionji Sekai surprises Itou Makoto and chances to get a peek at a photo-snap of the beautiful Katsura on his cell-phone. After evilly teasing Mokoto about his forlorn crush, Sekai offers to support him in his romance. So after many Makoto-pep-talks and lots of scheming, the three become close friends. Close enough that Makoto braves asking Katsura out on date. And she agrees. Later that day, Makoto finds a quiet moment express his thanks for all support that Sekai has offered him, and makes clear his intent on finding away to reply her kindness. But he is totally unprepared and very surprised at the reward that Sekai has chosen. Sekai steals a long kiss from his lips, before breaking away to run for the trolly. Sekai turns and wishes Makoto well on his date. [MAL]

Well, since I don't want to leave you without an anime recommendation, here are a few I'm currently watching that I would recommend any anime fan watch!-
Aoi Bungaku: An adaptation of six Japanese literary works by famous authors. One of the noteworthy character designers (who did the designs for episodes 1-4) is the manga-ka behind Death Note. I guess this series would have a 16+ rating based on the 4 episodes and part of episode 5 that I've seen.
Kimi ni Todoke: Well, it's one of those frustrating shojo series where everyone knows the main characters like each other, but the manga won awards in Japan for a reason and when watching this anime a person can tell why! 13+. Highly recommend this series, especially to shojo and romance fans.

2 comments:

Xylophone Laughter said...

I AM RIGHT THERE WITH YOU. And everyone else I have talked to who's watched this series. I don't even remember why I watched it in the first place, it just made me angry XD

Akia Tomiyo said...

I was like "she cut open that girls tummy 0.0" and the series was all happy at the beginning.