3/27/09

[Life Post] An Akia Update [#19]

For complete up to date-ness on what I'm doing, follow me on Twitter (I joined Twitter before it because a cult along the lines of Myspace and Facebook, so I'm awsome. Another reason for you to follow me. lol): twitter.com/akiachan
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"UWAA! What has Akia been up to since spring break (even though her spring break ended last friday)!?"
Me: =.= Did you just say 'uwaa' becuase that is a very anime-ish way to begin a question. I approve *two thumbs up* I'll definantly tell you what I've been up to just becuase you asked in that awsome way! ...and because I'm surprized at how much went on this last week.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
The most recent manga art I posted on my DA is this one! This is Akia, the character who I've developed the most in anything I've written or drawn. I'm not even remotly kidding because she's a character I originally developed half way through 8th grade which was 4 years ago 0_0


<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
So, as you can probably tell by the begining of my blog, this past week was my first week back from my week long spring break (all you Soccoro dist. school peps who have 2 weeks and a day *evil glare*) which, if you read the previous Akia Update, was a very productive/ busy week for me... which never happen on a past spring break of mine. Well, to my surprize, it was 9wks testing week. Let me explaine what this "9wks testing" is to high school students who have no such system. My school, Eastwood, has every class give their students a major test at the end of a 9wk period- in the school year there are 4 of these periods. These tests, from freshmen year through jr, are on top of a major standardized test called TAKS that is required by Texas law to be given. Also in the jr year, my school pays for it's students to take the SAT. I happened to be lucky because this year they also payed for the seniors- meaning I got to take it twice for free. I've seen most of my 9wks testing grades; just not my Dual Credit Texas Polotics and Dual Credit English IV (I know which answers I got right and wrong, but have not seen a number grade). Overall, I like most of my 9wks test grades because I have been getting 75+ on most of my quizzes and tests (other than Art) so to see the 80s I've recieved was a sigh of relief. A huge sigh.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
:I-studios:

[link]
Ah, I-studios is like... my reason for living or at least a major part. =D
Currently, I've been given the task of editing and putting together the E-zine "JA NE" (japanese art, news and entertainment). My first issue, March 2009, is up on the site. Click on the above link to go to the I-studios homepage. There, you will see links to the various projects going on. I used to semi-run the Twitter account and update the blog, but Driger has told me he would take care of that along with Shadow in order for me to focus on improving JA NE. Also, I'll be part of the first podcast episode of an anime review show called "Here's Ogenki Desu-ka?". We (as in, Domo, Driger and I) will be recording on Monday March 30 2009 an episode where we give an in depth disscussion/review of the anime ToraDora and a small review of the first five episodes of Minami-ka Okaeri. Be sure to keep tabs on the site and follow the Twitter to know when this will be released. Also, I-studios is looking for new members! Send an email to itadakimasu21@gmail.com if you are interested in joining.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
There are tons of other things that happened this week, like my quitting the Jenny Craig program and making the final descision to attend UTEP for a degree in Business while taking writting and art classes on the side, but I don't feel like going into detail so you'll just have to read this entire paragraph... if it can even be considerd a paragraph. Heheh. First, I did quit the Jenny program for two reasons: 1) I'm not losing weight and 2) in 2 months, my parents will not be paying for it anymore and I can't afford it while going to college. My dad finally finished filling out the FAFSA for me, and that's when I made my descision to attend UTEP for a business degree. In Art, I was painting a sun for an art auction that is to raise money for charity while working on an image for printmaking. The method my class is using is carving linoliumn tiles (bsaically, unfinished floor tiles). I'll most likely post a scan of the print on my DeviantArt page once I have one printed. Um... listed to the 15 ep of "Imprint" today (it's a Twilight podcast) and really enjoyed it. Hrm.... read like 5 pages of Ballad of a Shinigami #2, took The Host to one two days but didn't read any of it, and today I took City of Bones only to read two pages further than what I read about 5 months ago. I'm now going to end this blog and go read some more City of Bones.

No comments: