12/28/08

Antipated Movies for 2009


If you haven't checked it out yet, head over to Fandango's most anticipated movies of 2009 page over here! New Moon is listed as #2 for women and #10 for men. Hmm... interesting.

Since I've pretty much become a movie nut over the past two months or so, I've decided to make my own list!! If you agree (or even dissagree) with my choices, let me know in the comments. I tend to respond to all of my comments no matter which site I'm on. This list is in a particular order BUT that order might change before the New Year =]


:Adaptations/Remakes/Sequels:
1. Harry Potter: The Half-Blood Prince [July 17]

I'm looking forward to this movie because of the awsome trailer that was released with Twilight. I recently saw the new Harry Potter and the Half-blood Prince trailer on it's official site, but the one that premiered with Twilight is the one that has given this movie in the HP franchise it's #1 spot under the adaptation category despite many furious fans with how supposidly bad the first five adaptations have been. I beg to differ =D

2. New Moon [November 21]: New Moon recieves the second spot because of my status as a Twilighter. If you would like to read Twi-universe the way that I post it, head over here.

3. Watchmen [March 6]: I originally was going to give this movie the #1 spot but decided that I anticipate this movie a little less (and by little I mean a very miniscule amount!) than the first two listed. I recently found out this movie has recieved an R rating which will probably make this my first R rated movie viewing in a theater. I still plan to buy the comic... even though the omnibus editions are EXPENSIVE =0

Others I want to see that did not make top 5: Inkheart [1/23], Coraline [2/6], Race to Witch Mountain [3/13], Dragonball Evolution [4/8], X-men Origins: Wolverine [5/1], Star Trek [5/8], Angels and Demons [5/15], Terminator Salvation [5/22], Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen [6/26], Astro Boy [10/23], Avatar [12/8]

I'm going to pick three from these categories and that's about it. I'm too lazy at the moment to post 'why' paragraphs and I pretty much want to see every movie that is being released as long as it's not horror :D

If you really must know the release dates, go here.

Comedy: Adventureland, Paul Blart- Mall Cop, Bride Wars

Sci-fi/Fantasy: Underworld- Rise of the Lycans, Knowing, 2012

No comments: