9/12/13

[AOW] Genocyber (9/8-14/2013) [Why'd I Bother #3]

[previous AOW's] [Akia's MAL page]

I am going to warn you up front this anime is pretty... bad in a good way? I'm putting it as "why'd I bother" because I'm not a glutton for watching gorey as hell anime; Genocyber takes the gore cake and makes it asplode. This 5 episode OVA series is not one you'd introduce your friends to as their gate way to anime unless they are big fans or over the top gore sequences... and some pretty messed up scenes. If this anime had been made today I can guarantee it would have been cancelled as soon as the story boards were released!


Type: Manga Adaptation
Synopsis:
As the nations of the world begin to merge, world peace is threatened by the private armies of individual corporations. The Kuryu Group has just discovered a weapon that will tip world power in their favor. The Genocyber: a nightmarish combination of cybernetics and psychic potential. Many desire to control this monstrosity, but can its hatred be contained... Battle erupts, and the cyberpunk world of the future is about to explode with violence.

No comments: