4/18/13

[AOW] Rebuild of Eva 1.0/2.0/3.0 (4/14-20/2013)


I've been an Evangelion fan for a while... in fact I used to watch the original anime in middle school when it was playing during night time [adult swim] anime block, which at the time was Monday-friday instead of just on Saturday. At the time I had a bed time of 7pm so I had to tape the episodes on a VHS so I could watch them after school. Oh the days before the DVR. You had to have some dedication to make sure your VHS player was set to record, and that the TV was on the right channel. I messed up a few times because I would forget to change the channel before going to bed or I wouldn't set the VCR for the right amount of time (usually had to set 10 min before and after just in case). Those were the days you had to prove your "otakuness" which I wasn't quite at the level I am now. I only really got to watch anime on TV if I was able to catch it in time or record. Blockbuster didn't have a very big selection... anyways, I'm ranting!

Ok ok, so I picked the Rebuild of Eva movies because it is an anime remake that not only improves on the series but makes the original look like poo. The Rebuild movies take out all the winy/annoying bits, add new story that makes more sense and even reanimates in a really good way (normally older anime is more detailed where as newer anime only looks crisper with lack of detail but that is not the case with these movies)... well at least the first two movies did. The third one on the other hand is kind of confusing but it is also the point at which the story differs A FREAKIN LOT! I might just need to watch it another time before I get the official feel and gist of the movie, but I want to call it "Piano Time with Shinji and Kaoru with some Action Fights" because the film was more about some conversations and pretty camera shots than battles between the Eva units and aliens.

Type: Remake
Genre(s): Action, Drama, Mecha, Scifi
Movies: 4
Synopsis:
After the second impact, all that remains of Japan is Tokyo-3, a city that's being attacked by giant creatures that seek to eradicate the human kind, called Angels. After not seeing his father for more than eight years, Shinji Ikari receives a phone call in which he is told to urgently come to the NERV Headquarters, an organization that deals with the destruction of the Angels through the use of giant mechs called Evas. Shinji's objective is to pilot the Eva Unit 01 while teaming up with the Eva Unit 00 pilot, Ayanami Rei.

No comments: