2/7/11

[Anime of the Week][Why I bother #5] Kimi ni Todoke s.1&2 (2/6-12/2010)


Appologies for not updating AoTW in 2 weeks.
I don't have a good excuse, just didn't get around to posting.
So... um, ya Kimi ni Todoke is based on the award winning manga of the same name and the fact that it is being animated by powerhouse studio Production IG just can't seem to save this anime! I love the manga, please don't get me wrong, it's just that with such an indecisive main character you will have an anime that seems to drag on with issues never or hardly ever getting solved and even then they never seem fully taken care of. ... I do admit I've seen all the episodes out to date and just can't seem to stop watching them... it's like crack! o3 o I can't recommended this anime to those wanting a heart wrenching shojo because it's just too darn draggy... but I would recommend reading the manga version 'cause it got awards because it deserves those awards. Saddest part is this show apparently gets good ratings and just might get a 3rd season... ugh.

Runtime: 24 min/ep
# of Eps:
s.1- 25
s.2- not sure
s.2 starts with a recap episode
Type: manga
Rating: pretty much all ages
Synopsis:
Kuronuma Sawako is nicknamed Sadako due to her resemblance to the girl from the Japanese horror movies "The Ring". Shunned by her classmates, her life starts to change after she befriends Shōta Kazehaya, a very popular boy in her class.
Kuronuma Sawako’s one wish in life is to make friends. That’s a difficult proposition when everyone who meets her cowers in terror. She admires her classmate, Kazehaya-kun, a popular, easygoing and 100% refreshing guy who is nice with everyone, even with her. [ann]

1 comment:

James Molien said...

I've been thinking about it since there's this one particular boy I know who continuously hypes it as an anime. I actually read several chapters of the manga but decided to stop as I felt I wanted to leave myself open to watch the show. Maybe he's looking through a darkened lens or something that makes it easier for him. Maybe that it's just not cut out for the screen, or maybe it's the directors taste, but I'll have to judge for myself.