2/26/10

[The Daily Otaku][#1] (2/26/2010)

Check out my other blogs: [Reviews][Art Sketches & WIPs]
Check out my online novels: [My Uncle's Bakery][A.N.D.]

Changing up my blog again :D rofl. I'm incorporating Daily Manga Typing into this overall otaku series of blog posts - not that all my blog posts are pretty much otaku blog posts :P IM AN OTAKU WHO JUST CANT SEEM TO HELP BEING ONE SO GET USED TO IT. on to the blog *dissipates into a puff of smoke and reappears back in front of a computer*

~Anime I've enjoyed Recently~
Photobucket

Chobits: I read the manga about 4 years ago, and it's really surprising I never watched the anime two nights and the night before ago considering it is an anime about humanoid robots- and that is my favorite kind of anime. The anime was pretty disappointing... and I find the manga was much more well done. I do understand how Chobits seems to be a favorite anime among a lot of anime friends I know... but it just can not compare to other anime having to deal with humanoid robots. Sorry Chobits (the anime version), you have failed me T^T
malice@DOLL: I watched this because of a review done by ON,V and because I had asked on my Twitter what anime has stood out for you lately and that was Brent's response. Also, it's an ova about humanoid robots (more specifically of the sex bot type). Overall, it was an interesting and creepy watch. I honestly just did not get the ending. It seemed like a cop out 'it was all a dream' type ending imho. *shrugs*
Key the Metal Idol: This is an anime I had been wanting to watch, but barely got around to doing so. I watched episodes 1-13 in one sitting because it was just so intriguing. There's just something about old-ish anime ovas that focus on humanoid robots that just end up being really good.
Vandread II: I watched all of Vandread I and about 3/4ths of 2 back in 2009, and the other day I watched like 3 more episodes of II simply because I needed something with an English dub to "watch" while working on some art.
E's Otherwise: Early on in high school I watched about 10 episodes of this series and never got around to finishing it so tonight I started this anime from the beginning.

~Manga I've recently Enjoyed~
Photobucket

We Were There vol.2: Hmm... well, all of a sudden the guy confesses to liking the girl. This is more of a mature shojo tbh, and it's kind of slow and the way the panels are confuse me at times but I bought 4 volumes so far in hopes that this would be good since it is the pretty famous Bokura ga Ita manga (as it is known as in Japan).
Phantom Dream vol.4: Of the 3 Takya series I own complete versions of, this one is my least favorite and the hardest one to follow. The first two volumes were fairly easy to read, but volume 3 and 4 threw me for a loop. The paneling and the story just kind of went all over the place. I do give Takya credit though, this is her first manga series other than a series of short stories. I have one more volume left to read in this series before I'm done.

No comments: