9/10/09

[Mini-reviews] 9/10/09 [Anime #1]

Since I keep losing track of my opinions on anime by the time
I get around to writing a review of 5+ episodes, I've decided to
"jot" down opinions in my blog when they are fresh. For full reviews
please check out my review blog, JA NE online magazine and Ogenki podcast :]


Birdy the Mighty Decode
Photobucket
Episode(s) Watched: #1
Quick Star Rating: 3/5
Quick Opinion: Episode one of Birdy the Mighty Decode did a good job of setting up the story and that's about it. Yes, the fighting sequences were pretty cool but there was nothing super special nor unique about them. The animation was fairly crisp, but I can see the story steering towards something I may have seen or read before *cough* Figure 17 *cough*. I can't make a good judgment on an anime based on just one episode, but it's looking OK at this point.
Plan to Continue Watching: Yes.


Darker than BLACK
Photobucket
Episode(s) Watched: #1 & 2
Quick Star Rating: 4/5
Quick Opinion: I kept telling myself I was going to watch this anime but never really got around to doing so.... 'till I found out there was gonna be a new season and one of my buddies is a lot like the main character Lee. The first two episodes did not disappoint. I find it brilliant to take the age old concept of people having powers and adding a price for these powers. I almost fell of my bed from laughing when that one guy had to eat flowers after using his power. I felt bad for the guy who had to arrange rocks in such a precise manner. And there was that guy who had to break his fingers. I flinched. I really did.
Plan to Continue Watching: >.> HAI!


Kara no Kyoukai- The Garden of Sinners
Photobucket
Episode(s) Watched: #1
Quick Star Rating: 3/5
Quick Opinion: Seemed a lot like TypeMoon's otherwork Tsukihime so I was really disappointed. The animation was fairly pretty, but the story was bland.
Plan to Continue Watching: Sure.


Mushi-uta
Photobucket
Episode(s) Watched: #1
Quick Star Rating: 3/5
Quick Opinion: I'm actually re-watching this series is order to do a review for JA NE. When I first saw this series I loved it, but this second time around the story does seem a bit blah. The animation is really pretty, but the characters aren't all that interesting. They're all tragic.
Plan to Continue Watching: Yes.


07-Ghost
Photobucket
Episode(s) Watched: #21
Quick Star Rating: 4/5
Quick Opinion: I love this anime. I just do >.>
Plan to Continue Watching: YES YES yyyeeessss

No comments: